Every Interior Designer will tell you that one of the most common questions they are asked is ‘why pay a designer when I can design just as well myself?’… Why use an Interior Designer?
There are many people capable of decorating their homes to their desired effect, but if you want the complete finished home with the real wow factor, call in the experts. The following article explains some of the reasons why and interior designer can be your best friend.
1. An experienced Interior Designer will have had years of training in his or her desired field, most of them covering all aspects of the design industry. They will have also had many years of practical experience of designing, organising, co-ordinating and project managing it entirely.
2. Experience also brings years of dealing with committed contractors who would advise on lighting schemes, plumbing requirements and if required, necessary building works.
3. Sadly so many builders, plumbers and electricians are not capable of dealing with the jobs they are quoting for. An Interior Designer has eliminated the bad guys!
4. Probably one of the better reasons for employing a designer, kitchen contractor is the fact that they can save you money in the long run. A good Interior Designer will have access to all the best furniture, carpet, fabric houses, lighting engineers and suppliers in the world.
5. So many people have absolutely no idea of where to buy the furniture they desire and spend days, if not weeks and months searching for it. These boring shopping trips have even been known to cause a few divorces!
6. Designers have a constantly updated library of catalogues. This enables you to choose from the luxury of your own home or the designers office. Also they have the ability to obtain a compromise between partners! Many of these companies give discounts to interior designers, which some are happy to share with their clients.
7. Using an interior designer also gives you the opportunity to have products made exactly to your requirements, an Interior Designer can assist in having it made completely bespoke in any desired finish and style.
8. Another reason for using a designer is that, unfortunately the average person has a complete lack of special awareness… For instance how many times do you see in homes a sofa the size of one that would fit in the lobby of a London Hotel? Alternatively in a large suite, one that would suit a bedsit. Interior Designers have the skill to know which size pieces look good and which do not. Knowing the correct size and layout of furniture of any room is vital.
9. A designer will know how to achieve the maximum realisation of value of your property. Far too many homes are de-valued by poor interior design. The tragedy being that this has probably cost the home-owner a lot of money. New home builders always use a designer for the showhome as they know that this will generate sales very quickly. The showhome on a new development usually has a waiting list of potential buyers. Even if a show home is not to your taste, most people will aspire to that complete finished, professional look.
10. A good Interior designer will provide you with a complete overview of every room with a Mood Board of the colour palette, furniture style and layout, window treatments and flooring, lighting and wall finishes. They can also supply 3D visuals if you require. This is a virtual picture of every room, so if there is anything you have doubts about it can be addressed immediately. The client will also be informed of the overall costings for room or whole project.